Job Category: Maintenance/TradesReq ID 20598
With Cedar Point Amusement Park being "The Roller Coaster Capital of the World®," we are always taking thrills to the next level because it is what we do! We're bold. We're daring. We provide the best service to every guest, every day, every time. Take a ride on one of our 18 coasters, or cool off at our water park, Cedar Point Shores. With all of our thrills we have to offer, we are the number one destination for fun for all ages!
Cedar Point has an opening in its Maintenance Division for the position of Carpenter. This union position is seasonal. This position involves carpenter work on roller coasters and overall general maintenance, as well as all different kinds of carpentry (finish, rough, door hardware).
- Performs maintenance work on various attractions, particularly wooden rides, and other carpentry related tasks in the park.
- Will have to work out of lifts.
- Able to climb roller coaster.
- Provides guest service according to Cedar Fair standards when serving the guest or working with subordinates, including initiating guest interactions, answering questions and giving directions.
- Maintains cleanliness and safety in assigned work area and performs all duties in compliance with Cedar Fair Safety guidelines and requirements and reports all unsafe or unusual conditions to supervision.
- Meets scheduling availability requirements, including nights, weekends, and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Meets Cedar Fair's attendance requirements as outlined in Cedar Fair's attendance policies.
- Adheres to Cedar Fair's Rules of Conduct including specific costuming and grooming standards as outlined in Associate Guidelines and other park/division specific policies and procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Union Journeyman's card as a Carpenter in good standing.
- Ability to work independently and in a group setting.
- Not afraid of heights.
- Able to lift and carry materials.
- Ability to work various shifts/days including nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.